It's official. I'm a bag lady. As a working mom, here is what I carry every. freakin. day. This is going to be the most unglamarous "what's in my bag?" post you've ever read.
Let's dive in, shall we? First we have my stuff.
1. My extra large LL Bean Tote is oh so stylish and filled with fun essentials like my lunch, my work shoes since carrying two kids in heels is a death sentence, my pump parts, and hat & gloves because New England in the winter blows.
2. My purse/diaper bag/crap holder contains my wallet, my phone, glasses, car keys, and other standard pocketbook items that get lost the second you put them in there. Oh and fruit snacks. If nothing else, I always have fruit snacks.
3. My work computer. Oh joy.
4. Coffee. #becausemom
Enough about me, let's move on to the kiddos! At a whopping combined weight of 50 lbs, these munchkins require SO MUCH STUFF!
Can you tell I'm STOKED to be carrying this stuff?
5. Coming in at item #5, we have Lucy's bag. Here we have breakfast, lunch, breastmilk in a cooler, sippy cups, extra clothes and some days, a new crib sheet and sleep sack. 'Cause babies be messy.
6. Finally we have Charlie's bag, which I bust my ass to close every morning because he NEEDS his Batman bag, but Batman bag is not big enough to hold everything. Thanks Batman. Here we've got lunch, a water bottle, hat, gloves, snowpants and boots. Again, I hate you winter.
Oh and we can't forget the 100lb carseat. You would think I'd have strong arm muscles from carrying all this crap everyday, but nope, I'm just sore.
Put it all together, and I am a 5 foot woman carrying 6 bags/items and a car seat every single morning.
So is this ridiculous, or are you a bag lady too?